October 1, 2012

works still in progress...

Hello dear readers. I've been very hard at work for the past few months on a few upcoming shows.
Firstly, the new Wes Anderson-inspired show at Spoke Art in San Francisco. Last year my Bill Murray painting "Interesting Specimen" was a big success so I'm pretty stoked for this year's. I'm doing a Margot Tenenbaum piece this time, and hoping to depart from the usual portraiture-style depictions of her for something more story-driven... anyway, we'll see how it goes. I can't say any more so here are some tree branches from the piece.


 Additionally, I'm also hard at work for an upcoming 5-person show at WWA Gallery in Culver City that opens on November 10th. I'll be doing a new series of drawings and a few paintings. I'm pretty excited about it. Here's a preview of all the stuff sitting on my drawing table:


ok, thats it for now... more to come!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Beautiful work, as always. I did take a 4 week beginner's art class, so I have a deeper appreciation for this - I mean, not like I didn't before, but...