May 16, 2011

back! again.

I'm back from an unintended hiatus due to work, travel, and the various opportunities that the beautiful weather in LA has to offer. One of these opportunities being landscape drawing! I went out trekking through Will Rogers park yesterday with some of the Sunday painting posse. Drawing was a blast, but most of our day was spent bushwhacking and exploring abandoned buildings, which is also obviously a blast.


I can never get my moleskine scans to look as nice as they do in real life, they always look washed out and kind of flat. One day I swear I'll get a nice scanner. And waterproof hiking shoes.

oh, and while you're here, check out some of my fellow bushwhackers:
http://www.shaddyconceptart.com/
http://katelaird.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Monica Grue said...

These are awesome!

Finn Clark said...

Nice sketches.

J. A. W. Cooper said...

Oh goodness. Allie, these are spectacular! You are a ninja with that graphite!

George Fuentes said...

great!! its awesome to see environments.