January 10, 2011

Is This Thing On? opening!

Thanks to everyone who came out to the opening at Gallery 1988 on Friday! It was a wild success. Such a wild success in fact, that there is talk of artists, and some of the comedians who appeared throughout the work, creating even more art for the closing party! Keep your eyes peeled on Gallery 1988's website for more details.


I was called upon to pay tribute to Paul Reubens, better known as Peewee Herman. The portrait of him is done in the style of my favorite artist, John Singer Sargent, but the handmade vinyl frame is pure Peewee, inspired by some of the furniture in his Playhouse. There was a lot of blood, sweat, and tears in this one but I am thrilled with the results. The show will be up for another month or so, go check it out if you're in the LA area! I promise you it's worth it!

My sister also has a little writeup of the show on her website here.

3 comments:

J. A. W. Cooper said...

SOOOOOOLLLLLDDDDD! Way to go Allie! Sorry I couldn't make the opening (sickness) that framing you did is AMAZING.

Lynn said...

This piece is really incredible!

Lynn said...

I saw your sister's blog - so you sold this! I knew it would!